Go directly to the menu.
This dry-laid rock cabin, the oldest permanent building in Goodsprings, was constructed in 1886 by A. G. Campbell, a wealthy mining promoter from Utah who owned numerous claims in the district, and prospectors Jonas Taylor and William Smith. A. E. Thomas, then the sole resident of the town, occupied the house from 1896 to 1898.
The first Goodsprings School was established in 1907 in a tent; Miss Winifred Hardy, teacher. After a number of moves, the present building was erected, in 1913. Now on the National Register, it is the oldest school in Clark County that was built as a school and is still used as a school.
The saloon and the café next door, erected by prominent businessman George Fayle in 1913, are sheathed in pressed tin. The cherry wood bar was brought down from Rhyolite, already a Nye County ghost town. The Pioneer Saloon is a landmark watering hole that still serves the thirsty of the 21st century.
Join the Goodsprings Historical Society at the Community Center in Goodsprings Nov 11, 2017 to learn the history of this mining camp and see photos and artifacts from the past . Take a short walking tour with one of our members. Tours start at 10 noon, and 2. The Community Center is next to the school in the heart of the town. RSVP Mary at 702-204-6248. See you there!
The next annual meeting will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 2:30PM in conjunction with the 36th Old Timers Reunion May 5th & May 6th 2018. Plan ahead and join us for fun!