Go directly to the menu.
This dry-laid rock cabin, the oldest permanent building in Goodsprings, was constructed in 1886 by A. G. Campbell, a wealthy mining promoter from Utah who owned numerous claims in the district, and prospectors Jonas Taylor and William Smith. A. E. Thomas, then the sole resident of the town, occupied the house from 1896 to 1898.
The first Goodsprings School was established in 1907 in a tent; Miss Winifred Hardy, teacher. After a number of moves, the present building was erected, in 1913. Now on the National Register, it is the oldest school in Clark County that was built as a school and is still used as a school.
The saloon and the café next door, erected by prominent businessman George Fayle in 1913, are sheathed in pressed tin. The cherry wood bar was brought down from Rhyolite, already a Nye County ghost town. The Pioneer Saloon is a landmark watering hole that still serves the thirsty of the 21st century.
The next annual meeting will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 2:30PM in conjunction with the 34th Old Timers Reunion April 30th & May 1st 2016. Plan ahead and join us for fun!